Wednesday 29 June 2011

If my heart were words on paper

The poem from which I take my name,

If my heart were words on paper
would you read them?
Would you keep them?
A mystery-sunlight through trees
off shallow shoals of
sandbars sparkling
Moonlit eyes on a summers day
silver sounds of leaves in wind
Witch blood I fight in vain
Tears to fill a desert

Prophet - priestess

Lightning running through me
The weather on my skin
Snow falling...
Calming-
the restless love.
Tea leaves floating
my fortune
in your cup
Would you read them?
Would you keep them?
Drink me dry - break me
Stone by stone
wall by wall

Until I stand

whole - before you.
Slow honey sun
silver moon trout
hidden in lies

catch them ! catch them !


If my heart were words

on paper would you?


Read me.





No comments:

Post a Comment